IMMIGRATION AND CITIZENSHIP
For Immigrants/Permanent Residents
Properly maintaining your lawful permanent resident status will allow you to continue living and working in the United States and apply for citizenship once you are eligible. Although there are many resources available to help new immigrants navigate through the immigration process, many of these resources are often difficult to locate.
The links below will direct you to some of the most requested immigration topics.
- A free site, USA Learns, from the U.S. Department of Education for adults to learn English and improve basic reading, writing, speaking, and life skills.
- Publication to help immigrants settle into everyday life in the United States. Available in 14 languages.
- Information on applying for lawful permanent residence (LPR) status or "green cards."
- "I Am a Permanent Resident, How Do I...?" section of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website.
- Information on replacing a Permanent Resident Card.
- To schedule an appointment with USCIS.
- USCIS Service and Office Locator.
- Information on changing your address with USCIS.
- USCIS office responsible for promoting instruction and training on the rights and responsibilities of citizenship and providing immigrants with information and tools necessary to successfully integrate into American civic culture.
- U.S. Postal Service's official Change of Address Form.
- Department of State information on immigrant visas.
- Department of State information on the visa bulletin.
- Information on green card lottery scams from the Federal Trade Commission. (English version - Spanish version)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Immigrant, Refugee and Migrant Health page.
- Information on obtaining a Social Security number as part of the immigration process.
- Information on the importation of pets, other animals, and animal products into the United States.
- If you are male, you generally need to register with the Selective Service System before applying for naturalization.
- Information on getting or renewing your driver's license.